Enterprise & Engagement
The Technological University provides a once-in-a-generation opportunity to change the way we do some things now as a result of our history to a way that better reflects the demands and customs of the twenty first century and, in doing so, to design the workplace and the university of the future.
To date, the concentration has been in three areas: Governance; Academic; and Organisation Design.
A number of working groups specifically convened to address these areas. The purpose of the respective groups was to propose structures and processes to enable the TU to become a unitary organisation and to facilitate the transformation and culture change to support progression to a Technological University.
Work undertaken has been heavily dependent on proposed legislation contained in the provisions of the Technological Universities Bill (2015). As the Bill has not completed its passage through the Houses of the Oireachtas, the commentary and recommendations represented below, arising from work undertaken may be affected by changes made to the Bill.
The creation of the TU presents significant challenges in order to address designation requirements to support effective and efficient governance and administration. In order to deliver appropriate systems and governance, there has been an acceptance by management that in order to establish the TU, it would require a considered approach to make appropriate organisational changes in order to adopt appropriate organisational structures
Work commenced early in 2014 to design the process of organisational transformation. Having approved a process in November 2014, work then commenced in the following four domains: academic schools; academic colleges; student-related services; and TU services. This same process was followed by each domain, namely, structures, processes, systems and role.
- Merger Planning Progress Report
- Organisational Design Criteria
- Organisational Design Workshop Presentation
- Organisational Design Student Services - Proposed Approach & Phase 0
- Organisational Design Student Services - Review of Phase 0 & Implementation
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction Workshop Report
- Safe Space Forum Modus Operandi for Working Groups
- Envisaged Organisational Arrangements
Symposium on Mergers in Higher Education (Ireland & Denmark) 2016
- Terms of Reference
- Address by Kevin Callinan, Deputy General Secretary including National Secretary for Education at IMPACT
- Presentation by Kevin Callinan
- Presentation by University College of Northern Denmark
- Presentation by Dublin Technological University Alliance
- Presentation by Munster Technological University Alliance
- Presentation by Aarhus University
- Presentation by Scottish Higher Education
- Presentation by IMPACT